With April being Earth month, we wanted to partner with the brands that truly make an effort to be environmentally conscious in what they do, and Bottle None was the perfect candidate! Like the name suggests, Bottle None focuses on products that skip the bottle but delivers the results you’re after. Founded by two sisters in the Okanagan, Bottle None has put in the work to understand the science behind proper hair care so that they can produce products that will keep your hair healthy and clean. For the month of April, all Bottle None products are 25% off!! Yes you read that right, it’s the ideal time to try some of these amazing products and start your transition to a more eco-friendly routine. Did you know that they were even featured on Dragon’s Den and signed a deal with the one and only Arlene Dickenson!? #girlpower.
Still new to hair care bars? We will walk you through the how-to, the right bars for your hair type, and the other range of self care products that Bottle None has to offer – and again for those in the back, these are all 25% off this month only! So, lets get into it.
How To Choose the Right Bar For Your Hair Type
Bottle None has made a bar for every hair type and they have simplified things by naming the matching shampoo and conditioner bars the same – so once you know one, its easy to grab the other! All of their hair care bars are pH-balanced and salon-grade so you know you’re getting the best for your hair. They are also free of parabens and sulfates and are fragrance-free. In addition, each bar replaces 2-3 bottles of shampoo, so you are keeping plastic out of the landfills with each bar. Here is how to choose the bar for you, based on your hair type:
- If you have dry or damaged hair – choose Be STRONG: Contains Nettle Oil and Avocado Oil to strengthen your hair while Red Clover promotes growth and volume
- If you have thick, coarse or curl hair – choose Be BOLD: Contains Coconut Oil, Cocoa Butter and Shea Butter for hydration, moisture and shine.
- If you have colour-treated hair – choose Be BRIGHT: Contains Mango Butter to reduce breakage and fortify your hair while Jojoba Oil and Cocoa Butter add hydration and shine
- If you have oily scalp – choose Be CLEAR: Contains Tea Tree Oil and Peppermint Oil to promote a more balance, healthy scalp while Shea Butter and Jojoba Oil add hydration and shine
- If you are after something universal for all hair types – choose Be YOU: Contains Coconut oil, Shea Butter and Cocoa Butter for a gentle cleanse and lasting hydration
- If you are a minimalist – choose Be WILD: This 3-in-1 bar acts as a shampoo, conditioner and body wash, being perfect for those on the go or those who want to maintain a simple yet effective routine.
How to use
- Simply wet the bar and lather in your hands
- Apply the lather to your hair, focusing on the roots
- Rinse and repeat – it’s that easy!
- Warm the bar in the heat of the shower/bath to soften
- Apply the bar directly to your hair, focusing on the mid-lengths and ends
- Pressing the bar into your hair gives a stronger coating and improves conditioning
Bottle None recommends that you do not store your bars in the shower! While this may seem counterintuitive, it will help prolong the life of your bars. This is because the heat and moisture in your shower will cause the bars to break down easier. They last much longer if they dry out fully between uses.
The Bestselling Body + Skincare
While Bottle None started with hair care bars, they have grown to offer a range of additional body and skin care products. With sustainability and low-waste practices at the forefront of their brand, these products continue to be innovative in terms of formula and packaging.
This simple powder has been expertly formulated to give you fresh hair, minus the aerosol spray that is so common with dry shampoos. Made with Arrowroot powder and Charcoal powder, it naturally refreshes your hair. Just shake some directly into your roots then comb through with your fingers or a comb to distribute. After a couple minutes, shake out your hair or hit it with a blow dryer and you’re on your way! Bonus: The packaging is fully compostable!
Natural Deodorant – that actually works
These aluminum-free deodorants don’t just cover up body odor, they actually neutralize it thanks to Baking Soda and Zinc (sensitive to baking soda? Try the Blossom scent, it doesn’t have any!) The compostable tube makes application easy and effortless, you won’t even know you have made the switch from a traditional deodorant!
Bottle None has also created a plastic-free cleanser bars that are perfect for washing your face, day and night. They are even great at removing makeup so you can simplify your routine and drop the extra products, but only if you want to! They also have a moisturizer in the form of their Face Stick. Bottle None’s Face Sticks are solid, not liquid, so perfect for travel or on-the-go. They’re also super easy to apply and formulated to be comedogenic so they’re suitable for a range of skin types – so add the hydration with a couple of simple swipes and know you’re not creating any plastic waste! Similarly, the latest addition to the Bottle None line up is the Body Stick, it’s a body moisturizer in stick form and compostable packaging. Like everything else from the brand, its formulated with clean ingredients, low-waste packaging and results that stand up for themselves!
We know that leaning into eco-friendly products or incorporating these changes into your routine can be a tough choice, its not for everyone and we get that – but if you want to try make a change, Bottle None is here to help you on your eco-conscious journey! Still have questions or need some recommendations? Reach out to our team and we would be happy to help you out!